Did you know that September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month? It’s a time to raise awareness about the realities of childhood cancer and the need to fund critical research. Imagine a world where every child diagnosed with cancer could be cured – we can make it happen together. Your donation can save lives by funding the best research to find cures.
You have the power to help save a future teacher, firefighter, or scientist who discovers new cures. Your support could save someone’s big brother, loyal friend, future spouse, or child.
Here are some ways you can get involved in Childhood Cancer Awareness Month:
- Create a “Do What You Want” Fundraiser: Turn your passion into a fundraiser to Conquer Kids’ Cancer. You can do anything from running a marathon to hosting a bake sale – the options are endless! By creating your personal fundraising page, you’ll get a personal fundraising coach who will help you with tips, tools, and ideas. You’ll also have access to our Resource Lounge, which is full of helpful resources to help you make your fundraiser a success.
- Join the 60-Mile Facebook Challenge – Run, walk, dance (whatever you want!) 60 miles in 30 days and be part of a community moving their way to Conquer Kids’ Cancer!
- Be Bold and Go Bald: Shaving your head for childhood cancer may seem like a small act, but it can make a huge difference. By organizing a signature head-shaving event, you can bring your local community together to raise funds for childhood cancer research. If you’re not ready to organize an event, you can still participate in upcoming events near you or sign up to volunteer. There are options for everyone!
- Raise Awareness: Download our social media tool kit and help raise awareness about the realities of childhood cancer and the need to fund lifesaving research. You can share stories of kids with cancer, the impact of research, and why you support the cause. Every share helps spread the message and brings us closer to our goal. Be sure to include hashtags #WhoWillYouSave, #CCAM, #ConquerKidsCancer.
- Style with a Purpose: St. Baldrick’s is offering limited edition St. Baldrick’s shirts for the month of September. Raise awareness and support the mission in style – 35% of each item for sale goes to support childhood cancer research!
- Donate: If you want to make a direct impact, you can donate directly to the St. Baldrick’s Foundation. Every donation helps fund innovative research that can lead to new treatments and cures.
- Become an Advocate – Childhood Cancer Awareness Month is also an exciting time for advocacy. Throughout the month of September, advocates across the country will be speaking up for kids with cancer. Join the St. Baldrick’s Speak Up advocacy network to receive updates on how YOU can amplify their advocacy!
This Childhood Cancer Awareness Month let’s show kids with cancer they’re not alone. Every action you take brings us closer to our goal of saving kids’ lives. Together, let’s Conquer Kids’ Cancer!
Who Will You Save this Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and Beyond?
Read more on the St. Baldrick’s blog: