DonationsIs the web site secure to process my credit card donation? How can I donate? I'm a St. Baldrick's participant collecting donations. What do I do with them? Where should I send my donation form and check? Did my donation go through? How can I set up monthly donations? My participant's event is already over, can I still donate to them? I made one donation but I meant to split it up amongst multiple participants, can you fix that for me? Will my donations be acknowledged? I'm a participant with donors outside the U.S. … What should we do? What is a Matching Gift? How do I know if my company matches gifts? My company will match my gift. Where do I send my matching gift form? What is Employee Giving and how can I get involved? Does St. Baldrick's Foundation participate in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)? Can you move my donation from the general fund to a particular participant? Can you move my donation from a team to a team member? Why hasn't my check been cashed yet? Can I donate my hair? What do you do with the hair that's been shaved? I started a fundraiser on Facebook. Why aren't those donations on my St. Baldrick's page?
Yes! Our donation and registration forms are secure. To be sure that a website is secure, confirm that the URL includes "https" and look for a padlock symbol on your browser. You'll see both when you're on the St. Baldrick's donation and registration pages.
Donating online is your best bet! The process is secure and easy, and this is the most cost-effective way for the St. Baldrick's Foundation to accept gifts. To make a donation St. Baldrick's right now, click here.
Giving by phone is the next best thing. Call 888.899.BALD (2253) and a representative will take your gift by credit card and post it to the website right away.
You'd rather give by check? No problem! You can make your check payable to "St. Baldrick's Foundation" and mail them to us directly at 1333 South Mayflower Avenue, Suite 400 Monrovia, CA 91016 USA.
Please write the name and ID# of the participant you're supporting in the memo line of the check, so they'll be sure to get credit for your donation. It is also important to complete a donation form (also available from your participant or on their web page) and submit it with your check. This helps us acknowledge your donation properly and get you what you'll need for a tax deduction.
Do we take cash? We sure do, but please do not send it through the mail! Just hand your cash donation to the St. Baldrick's participant you're supporting, and they'll submit it for you.
Here are some simple guidelines you can follow to ensure that less money goes toward processing donations, and more can go to the cause:
- Prior to your event, please mail check donations directly to St. Baldrick's for quicker processing. Please submit a current donation form for each gift. If you print the form from your participant page, your name and ID# will already be filled in for you.
- If you’ve received a physical copy of the Shavee Guide, then closer to the time of your event, put your collected donations in the white and brown participant envelopes found in your participant packet. Checks and their forms go in the white envelope; cash and their forms go in the brown envelope. If you’ve downloaded a digital copy of the Shavee Guide, please download and print the collection labels found in the Guide. Complete the basic information on the participant envelopes or labels and bring them to the event to turn in to the treasurer.
- Please do not mail cash! To get your cash donations and donor names on your webpage right away, you may enter these donations online and pay for them with your own credit card.
- Please sign into your Members Area and click on the gift box icon at the top of the page. Then click on the "Add a Cash Donation" button.
- You will now be on a page called “Add a Cash Donation.” Once you have filled out the form, click on “Save and Add Another” to add another donation gift. Remember, you are making this donation on behalf of someone else, so put their info in these fields, rather than your own.
- When you are finished entering your donor information, you need to process the donations with your credit card. Click on “Pay for all” and a pop-up box will appear for you to enter your credit card information and submit. Remember, until you pay for the donations with your credit card they will not appear on your website. Please call 888.899.BALD (2253), if you have any further questions.
- Collecting more donations at the event? Great! Just hand them to your event treasurer to add to your participant envelopes if you've already turned them in.
- Still getting donations after the event? Terrific! Keep up the good work! Please mail donations and their donation forms to the St. Baldrick's Foundation as quickly as possible and submit cash donations using the instructions above.
Shortly after submitting your credit card donation, you should receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email within 24 hours, please call 888.899.BALD (2253) and we will confirm or re-process your online donation.
You can easily set up monthly donations by going here and selecting the option ‘Give Monthly.’ The amount you select and date you make the first donation will be the amount and date charged each month after. For more information on setting up a recurring donation, please contact us at DonationQuestions@StBaldricks.org.
Yes! You have the whole year to donate to a participant even after an event has taken place.
Please call 888.899.BALD (2253) and explain the request. You'll be transferred to a St. Baldrick's staff member who can adjust the donation amounts and distribute them to various participants.
Every St. Baldrick's donor is valued and appreciated. If an email address accompanies the donation, gift acknowledgement is immediate. If no email address is available, you will receive a gift acknowledgement through the mail. If you have a question about a gift acknowledgement, contact us or call 888.899.BALD (2253).
If you have donors who reside in another country, please encourage them to give online with a credit card or to mail in a check. Please remember that they will need to convert their donations into U.S. dollars. For further questions regarding foreign donors, please contact us.
Many companies have programs that will match the amount you give to the St. Baldrick's Foundation – this can make your donation go twice as far (or more!). Please request a matching gift form from your employer (often the Human Resources department) and submit it with your gift, or mail it to St. Baldrick's after making your online gift.
You can search for your company to see if they will match your gift. If you cannot find your company, check with Human Resources or the corporate Giving Department to see if they might match your gift. If your employer does not have a matching gift program but makes charitable donations, why not ask them to match your donation? Or, if you're a participant, ask if your company will match the amount you raise!
Please send your matching gift form to: St. Baldrick's Foundation, 1333 South Mayflower Avenue, Suite 400 Monrovia, CA 91016 USA. You can also email your form to us at MatchingGifts@StBaldricks.org or fax it to us at 626.739.2995.
Employee Giving is a way to donate directly to St. Baldrick’s Foundation through your employer who will deduct your selected donation amount from each of your paychecks. Please request more information from your company (often the Human Resources department) and ask what the next steps are to enroll. We are always accepting new companies that would like to participate in workplace giving!
St. Baldrick’s Foundation has been a proud member of the Combined Federal Campaign, also called CFC, for several years and counting! The CFC is the workplace giving program of the United States government and a way for federal employees to donate where they work. We are listed in the Combined Federal Campaign brochures each year under “Childhood Cancer Research for a Cure”, or look for us under our CFC Code: 12395. Please request more information and a brochure from where you work.
Yes, we can! Please call 888.899.BALD (2253) and a member of our team will be happy to move your donation to the appropriate event, participant, or fundraiser.
Donations made by check will post on the website approximately two weeks after we receive them in the mail. Please be patient – we're processing millions of dollars in just a few short months, and we want to get it right! If you know you've sent your proceeds and too much time has passed, contact us or call 888.899.BALD (2253).
We don't collect hair donations, but volunteers are welcome to shave their heads at St. Baldrick’s events and donate their hair to another organization. If you would like to donate your hair, please let your Volunteer Event Organizer and barber know before your event. For more information on how you can donate your hair, check out this blog post.
All donations made through Facebook fundraisers go directly to the St. Baldrick’s general donation fund. Unfortunately, we cannot transfer donations received through Facebook to participants, teams, events, fundraisers, Hero Funds or memorials. If you have further questions about your donation, please email DonationQuestions@StBaldricks.org.