- St. Baldrick's Information
- Shavee Recruiters
- Volunteer Event Organizers
- Fundraisers (Do What You Want)
- Shavees and Virtual Shavees
- Honored Kids
- Teams and Team Captains
- League of Legendary Heroes
- Facebook Fundraising
- SBF Fundraising App
- Instagram Donate Stickers
League of Legendary HeroesWhat is the League of Legendary Heroes? What are the ranks in the League? My page says I’m a Squire of Hope, but I think I should be a Knight of the Bald Table. Can you fix it? I participated in 3 events this year; am I a Squire of Hope?How will my status in the League be recognized? Do all ranks (Squire, Knight, Commander and Crusader) receive lapel pins?I participated in a virtual event, but have not received my lapel pin or proclamation for my new ranking. When will they arrive?How can I request a lapel pin or proclamation?Where can I find a copy of my League ranking badge for print or promotion?Can I add a frame to Facebook to show off my rank in the League?How do I know if someone at my event is eligible for the League?
The League of Legendary Heroes recognizes St. Baldrick’s participants who have gone above and beyond in the fight against childhood cancers with 3 or more years of volunteer service. These are dedicated participants of every role - shavees, volunteers, barbers, treasurers, VEOs and more!
There are four ranks in the League: Squire of Hope (3-6 years of service), Knight of the Bald Table (7-9 years of service), Knight Commander (10-14 years of service) and Crusader for a Cure (15+ years of service). Attendance at St. Baldrick’s events does not qualify someone for the League of Legendary Heroes. Only years as a registered participant at a head-shaving event or DWYW fundraiser is a qualifier. Years as a registered participant do not need to be consecutive.
Absolutely! We want to make sure our participants get the recognition they deserve! In order to accurately recognize your volunteer service, it’s best to use the same profile for all of your registrations. If there seems to be an error in accounting for your years of service, please contact us at League@StBaldricks.org.
We thank thee for your involvement this year! The League recognizes years of service, not the number of events participated or attended. When your participation reaches three years overall, then you’ll join the ranks as a Squire of Hope in the League.
We encourage our events to recognize dedicated participants and acknowledge members of the League. Most times, a League member’s status is recognized upon promotion to a new rank. Here are the following things you can expect in the qualifying year for a new rank:
- Upon registration for your third year of service, you should have a badge displayed on your fundraising page that shows your current rank.
- At the event, you should receive an exclusive lapel pin for your new rank. For participants of virtual events or Do What You Want fundraisers, these pins will be mailed directly to your address on file. Some participants may also be knighted or receive a certificate at their event.
- Shortly after your event, you should receive a personalized proclamation by mail to your address on file.
If you are a League member but do not qualify for a new ranking, don’t fret! Your League status is legendary! Some may refer to you as “Sir” or “Dame” as you are among the most esteemed volunteers in the fight against childhood cancers. St. Baldrick’s will remain in contact with you as we recognize your noble dedication throughout the years. If you’re not already signed up to receive our emails, you can sign up here.
Yes! As of 2017, all League members will receive a lapel pin when they reach a new rank to recognize their esteemed commitment.
If you have reached a new ranking in the League, your lapel pin should arrive approximately one month after your shave and your proclamation should arrive soon after your shave. If they do not arrive within that timeframe, please contact League@StBaldricks.org.
Contact League@StBaldricks.org to request a pin or proclamation and we’ll take care of it!
You can find all League ranking badges in electronic format (.jpeg) in the Resource Lounge.
Yes! League members can show off their ranking on Facebook with a profile frame. To get started, click here, then type in “St Baldrick’s” and select the frame with your ranking. Click "Use as Profile Picture" and enjoy showing off your status in the League to all your friends!
- Sign in to your Members Area, click on Dashboard and select your event year.
- Toward the center of your page, you’ll see a header that says, “You have # people at your event.” If there are any League members to be recognized at your event, the number of members to be honored will be listed in this section.
- To see the list of League members to be honored, click “# to be honored.”
- On this page, you will be able to search for League members based on rank level. Choose the option to “Show promotion to new rank only” to highlight those members who will be achieving a new milestone this year.