- St. Baldrick's Information
- Shavee Recruiters
- Volunteer Event Organizers
- Fundraisers (Do What You Want)
- Shavees and Virtual Shavees
- Honored Kids
- Teams and Team Captains
- League of Legendary Heroes
- Facebook Fundraisers
- SBF Fundraising App
- Instagram Donate Stickers
SBF Fundraising AppWho can use the SBF Fundraising App? How do I access the SBF Fundraising App? Are there training manuals available for the SBF Fundraising App? I’m a VEO and my event is coming up. I would like to use the SBF Fundraising App to collect credit card donations. How can I get a secure credit card reader? Why do I need a specific secure credit card reader this year? I have a credit card reader from last year. Can I use it for the SBF Fundraising App this year? Do I need to pass the Secure Card Reader Training Quiz to get a secure credit card reader? Can I take the Secure Card Reader Training Quiz more than once? I suspect my secure credit card reader has been tampered with. What do I do? I received tracking information but never received the secure credit card reader. What do I do? How long does it take the secure credit card reader to connect to my phone? Do I need a connector for the secure credit card reader? What is a consumer disclosure and why would my event need one? I accidentally completed an incorrect payment. How do I get a refund? My event is over. Can I keep the credit card reader for my next event? I lost my return package. What do I do? I am ready to return the device. How do I securely ship it back to St. Baldrick’s Foundation? I don’t have a card reader. Can I use the SBF Fundraising App? Does the back of the check need to be scanned or endorsed when accepted for payment? How will I know that a check was successfully accepted for ACH deposit via the SBF Fundraising App? What should I do with a check once it has been successfully deposited via the SBF Fundraising App? Will the donor receive a receipt for their check donation? Are there any restrictions on what checks can be processed in the SBF Fundraising App? What happens if a check fails?
The SBF Fundraising App is intended to be a fundraising tool for registered participants. Registered participants are encouraged to use the app to process check donations while core committee members can also process credit card donations with a secure credit card reader.
Yes, training guide can be found here.
Due to limited availability, only certain events and fundraisers are eligible to receive a secure credit card reader. To find out if your event is eligible follow these steps:
- Email your Special Events Coach to see if your event qualifies.
- If your event qualifies, your Special Events Coach will email you a training manual for the SBF Fundraising App and a quiz link.
- Take the quiz online. To expedite the process, inform your Special Events Coach once you’ve completed the quiz.
Please note, secure card reader approval must be obtained no more than 10 business days before the event date.
In order to stay compliant within the Payment Card Industry (PCI), St. Baldrick's was required to remove the ability for treasurers and volunteers to manually input credit card information at events. Therefore, we updated the SBF Fundraising App and obtained secure card readers so that donors can easily swipe their card instead of having volunteers manually input their information.
No, the old card readers should not be used with the App. As a Foundation, we hold very high standards to protect the safety of our donors' information. Each one of the secure credit card readers goes through rigorous inspection to check for tampering before and after they are used by our volunteers. We kindly ask that no other readers be used to process credit cards via the SBF Fundraising App to protect our donors against fraud. If you have a credit card reader from last year, please contact DonationQuestions@StBaldricks.org for further information on returning the old devices.
Yes, passing the quiz with a minimum score of 70% is required to receive the secure credit card reader.
Yes, you can take the Secure Card Reader Training Quiz as many times as you need to pass with a minimum score of 70%.
If you suspect your secure credit card reader has been tampered with, immediately contact your Special Events Coach and include the reasons you believe it has been tampered.
Please contact your Special Events Coach immediately if tracking shows it has been delivered but you have not received the secure credit card reader device.
Typically, it takes less than a minute for the secure credit card reader to configure with the app on your phone. When it is ready to take payments, it will beep one time.
However, if you’re making multiple donations on Android, we recommend unplugging the device each time to reset the signal making the process quicker.
Pro Tip: Change the display settings on your phone to avoid your screen locking while you’re waiting for it to connect.
If your phone does not have a 3.5 mm headphone jack, you will need to purchase a real connector from your phone’s manufacturing company.
Consumer disclosure requirements are as follows:
- Per our bank’s requirements, a posted notice must be displayed in a prominent and conspicuous manner at every location where a check will be presented for payment. (e.g., on the table at each acceptance location). A take-away notice, informing customers that their check may be converted to ACH, must be supplied to each customer presenting a check for donation.
- The following disclosure language is recommended to be used for both the posted notice AND consumer takeaway: “When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction. For inquiries, please email DonationQuestions@StBaldricks.org or 888-899-BALD (2253).
This disclosure notice is included in the addendum for easy display at events.
Note: The app technology will determine whether either of these scenarios exists, and if so, the user will receive a “FAIL MESSAGE” in the app. The user should refer to FAQ What happens if a check fails? for next steps if such error is received.
Contact DonationQuestions@StBaldricks.org with the details below for further assistance.
- Donation Date
- Donation Amount
- Donor Name
- Who the donation credits (participant, team, event or fundraiser)
- Credit Card Donations: Last 4 digits of the credit card number (if applicable)
- Check Donations: 8-digit confirmation number from the View Activity Screen on the app
All readers must be returned to St. Baldrick's within 3 days after your event using the return package provided when the device was sent to you. St. Baldrick's will inspect the device for tampering before it is sent to another qualified event.
If you cannot find your return package, immediately contact Fulfillment@StBaldricks.org with your name, event/fundraiser id, and participant id (if applicable). They will provide you with an updated label and instructions on how to get the reader back to us.
Within 3 days after your event, please package and mail back the device.
- Wrap the device in the final Express Pad Pak.
- Insert and seal the wrapped device into the Mini Express Box.
- Drop off at your nearest UPS.
- Notify your Special Events Coach that the device is on its way back.
You will be able to process check donations in the SBF Fundraising App. You will be unable to process credit card donations without a secure credit card reader.
Pro tip: Check donations submitted through the app are automatically added to your fundraising total! Do not mail this check to the St. Baldrick’s Foundation unless requested.
No, the backside of the check does not need to be scanned or endorsed. Please take a picture of the front side of the check as prompted by the app.
If your check was accepted for mobile deposit, you should receive this message in the app: “Please write ‘Deposited’ and today’s date on the check and shred it after 7 days. Do not mail this check to the St. Baldrick’s Foundation unless requested.” You can also look in the View Activity Screen of the app to see the transaction and status there.
Please write ‘Deposited’ and the date on the check and shred it after 7 days. Do not mail this check to the St. Baldrick’s Foundation unless requested.
Yes if the receipt option is selected in the App and donor information is entered. The email address or phone number entered should only be the donor’s contact information, not yours, to ensure they receive their receipt directly.
The following checks cannot be processed in the app:
- Check equal to or greater than $5,000
- Most business checks
Review the app responses and follow instructions.
- Attempt to re-scan the check, if possible.
- If unable to re-scan the check or the check transaction fails again, please contact DonationQuestions@StBaldricks.org for next steps. Do not discard or mail the check to St. Baldrick's until advised by a staff member.