Participant 598047

Laura Huber Before
Laura Huber After

Laura Huber

shaved to cure childhood cancers!

Mar 21, 2013 • 12:45 pm

Event: St. Thecla School

At: St. Thecla School

6323 North Newcastle, Chicago, IL US

Conquer Kids' Cancer

Fundraising

$1,893Raised

$1,000 GOAL

$1,000 GOAL

(888) 899-2253

Download Donation Form

Participant 598047

Participant 598047

Milestones & Stretch Goals

$ 1,893
  • GOAL 1,000 $

Every 2 minutes a child is diagnosed with cancer. Help me fund the research that will save their lives!

Fundraising

$1,893Raised

$1,000 GOAL

$1,000 GOAL

(888) 899-2253

Download Donation Form

Participant 598047

National Partner

I shaved to raise money for childhood cancer research

Mar 21, 2013 • 12:45 pm

Event: St. Thecla School

At: St. Thecla School

6323 North Newcastle, Chicago, IL US

I shaved to raise money for childhood cancer research

My two year old nephew, Joey, joined us for the event and he had his head shaved too! Local Newspaper coverage can be found here We are still accepting donations if you'd like to join in this amazing movement to change the course of the lives with kids diagnosed with cancer! Let's keep funding research to come up with better treatments, cures, and safer treatments for the long term!!!! -- ----------------------- Help me take a stand, and loose a few strands (of hair) for kids! I've made the commitment to have my head shaved. (the week before Easter much to mom's dismay). We CAN and we ARE raising money to help stomp out kid's cancers! Keep an eye on my facebook page for daily information about St. Baldrick's and the shout out to the DONOR OF THE DAY. At this point it's LESS THAN ONE WEEK until the event and I'm challenging folks... I want ONE $20 DONOR PER DAY each day till the event!

I've seen the way cancer and the treatment side-effects affect kids, and I've seen how those treatment side-effects last a long time. And I'm raising money so cancer stops stealing these kid's childhoods and their futures!

When it comes to US federal funding cancer research dollars, only 4% is for kids cancers. The other 96% is all for adult cancers. These kids need our help! Will you click to donate today?



I'm having my head shaved to stand in solidarity with kids fighting cancer, but more importantly, to raise money to find cures. Please support me with a donation to the St. Baldrick's Foundation. This volunteer-driven charity funds more in childhood cancer research grants than any organization except the U. S. government.

My Roles:

  • Shavee

Your Roles

Barber Details

St. Baldrick’s Honored Kids

Kids with cancer are our reason for it all. They’re the inspiration behind our event and the reason we’re helping fund childhood cancer research. We believe all kids should be able to grow up and turn their dreams into realities. Join our event or make a donation, and click the photos below to read their incredible stories.

Recent Donors

View All
  1. Susan Siegel 3/29/2013
  2. Brandon, Miller, Carter & Nathan 3/21/2013
  3. Mrs. Carla Huber 3/21/2013
  4. Mark & Carla Huber 3/21/2013
  5. Samantha Pearson 3/20/2013

Change your photo

Photo submission policy

Please read the photo submission policy and accept below.

By submitting a photograph of yourself on www.StBaldricks.org, you agree to the following terms and conditions for submission of your photograph:

We strongly encourage all users to submit a before and after photo, so that donors and fellow participants can easily recognize and relate to one another.

Any photo containing cartoons, comics, celebrities, nudity, pornography, sexually explicit images or any copyrighted image (unless you own the copyright) is not permitted. This is because photos of celebrities and cartoon or comic images are generally copyrighted by the owner.

Uploading images of other people without their permission is also prohibited.

This photo submission policy applies to StBaldricks.org users. The St. Baldrick’s Foundation reserves the right to review all photos and to remove any photo for any reason at our sole discretion. If you see a photo on StBaldricks.org that you believe does not conform to this policy, email to WebQuestions@StBaldricks.org

This event is private.

Private events are for people at the company, organization, school, etc., where the event is taking place. Please don't crash the party.

Do you want to continue to register for this event?

Yes