Honored Kid

Joseph E.

Age 12
Joseph E. Kid Photo

Location

Hampton, TN, US

Diagnosis

Ganglionuerblastoma

Date of Diagnosis

October 2013

Status

In maintenance

Treated At

tri-Cities St.Jude

Change your kid's logo

My Story

We found out in Oct,2013 that our 7 year old son Joseph had a Rare type of cancer and we was sent to St.Jude where we live which is in the Tri-Cities TN area.Then me & Joey had to go to Memphis TN so they could run some test and scan's to find out which type of cancer it was.We spent 2 weeks of tests,blood work and scan's. when they finally did the surgery they got 95% of it out but the other 5 % was still attacked to his spine. Now we go to St.Jude where we live every 3 months for testing and scan's.In April this year they found another dark spot so when we go In Aug. they will do testing and scans to see if it has came back.It was so scary when we found out he had cancer and that it was rare. He has Ganglionureblastoma. 10/30/14 Joey is doing ok.He's all excited about going trick or treating tomorrow! He is gonna be Spider man for Halloween.He's been going every 3 months for scan's and testing on his cancer.So far all of his test came back ok.He go's Nov.13th to St.Jude for CT-Scan,Blood and Urine test

The Childhood Cancer Ripple Effect

Help kids take childhood back from cancer — support lifesaving cancer research today.

Children who are fighting or have fought cancer inspire others to be part of the Foundation's mission — to support the most promising research to find cures for childhood cancers and give survivors long and healthy lives.

Photo submission policy

Please read the photo submission policy and accept below.

By submitting a photograph of yourself on www.StBaldricks.org, you agree to the following terms and conditions for submission of your photograph:

We strongly encourage all users to submit a before and after photo, so that donors and fellow participants can easily recognize and relate to one another.

Any photo containing cartoons, comics, celebrities, nudity, pornography, sexually explicit images or any copyrighted image (unless you own the copyright) is not permitted. This is because photos of celebrities and cartoon or comic images are generally copyrighted by the owner.

Uploading images of other people without their permission is also prohibited.

This photo submission policy applies to StBaldricks.org users. The St. Baldrick’s Foundation reserves the right to review all photos and to remove any photo for any reason at our sole discretion. If you see a photo on StBaldricks.org that you believe does not conform to this policy, email to WebQuestions@StBaldricks.org