Remember that check you wrote months ago to that foundation with the funny name? The donation bucket you hauled around the neighborhood? That epic shave? Now, all that hard work has paid off! Buckle your seat belts, ladies and gentlemen, because you funded childhood cancer research! Say hello to the newest grants of 2018 …
In our biggest grants cycle of 2018, St. Baldrick’s is awarding $19.1 million in funds to researchers and institutions dedicated to helping kids with cancer live long, healthy lives – and it’s thanks to your hard work!
These 76 grants are going to pediatric cancer researchers who are working hard to find better treatments and cures for childhood cancer. With this most recent grant cycle, St. Baldrick’s has now funded over $253 million in childhood cancer research grants since 2005.
Whether you opened your wallet, shaved your head, baked cupcakes, organized an event or swam the waters around Key West to raise crucial funds, we couldn’t have awarded these grants without your help.
Bravo and thank you!
The following institutions are receiving new St. Baldricks grants during this grant cycle:
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Mass.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
- Children’s Hospital Boston, Boston, Mass.
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Children’s Research Institute (CNMC), Washington, D.C.
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Mass.
- Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, N.C.
- Emory University, affiliated with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Ga.
- Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Washington, D.C.
- Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health at Harvard University, Boston, Mass.
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Calif.
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, N.Y.
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich.
- New York University School of Medicine, New York, N.Y.
- Northwestern University, Chicago, Ill.
- Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Ore.
- Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pa.
- Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tenn.
- Stanford University, Stanford, Calif
- The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, N.Y.
- The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
- UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles, Calif.
- University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, Calif.
- University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif.
- University of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, Calif.
- University of Chicago Medicine, Chicago, Ill.
- University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colo.
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pa.
- University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tenn.
- University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- University of Vermont and State Agricultural College, Burlington, Vt.
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Va.
- University of Washington, Seattle, Wash.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn.
Join the thousands of men, women, and children rocking the bald and raising money for kids’ cancer research. Sign up to be a shavee℠ today.
Read more about the variety of grants funded by St. Baldrick’s: