What can you do to raise money for childhood cancer research? The answer is, just about anything you can think of! Here are 16 awesome fundraising ideas to get the ball rolling.
Doing It Already?
Planning to run a 5K? Having a party? Why not make it count by turning it into a fundraiser for kids fighting cancer? Here are a few ideas that might already be on your calendar:
- 5K run or walk, marathon, mud run or color run: Ask friends and family to donate in your honor
- School dance: Sell tickets for donations or hold a raffle
- Garage sale: Clean out your closets and donate what you raise
- Birthday party: Ask for donations instead of gifts
Fast and Easy
If you don’t have a lot of time but have a heart to make a difference, this is for you. Check out these simple fundraisers anyone can do once, twice, or throughout the year:
- Casual day at the office: Donations earn the privilege to dress down at work
- No uniform or hat day at school: Raise money and celebrate with a special day for students
- Donation jars: Put them all around town at businesses and stores
- Creative hair: Wear a crazy hair style, a funny wig, or add bold color to your hair for donations
It takes a little more time and effort, but you can plan an event to benefit kids’ cancer research. The trick? Keep it simple! Get items or services donated so more money goes to research. Here are some possibilities:
- Bowl-a-thon: Participants make a donation to play and earn prizes for teams or individuals
- Spaghetti dinner and silent auction: Sell tickets for a fun night of food and the opportunity to bid on good stuff
- Backyard carnival: Donations earn tickets to play games, buy food, and enter raffles for fun prizes
- Bunco night: Make a donation to play for the prize pot
Celebrate a Season
Fundraisers with a theme to celebrate a season or holiday can be a fun way to raise money for a serious cause. Check out the possibilities!
- Valentine’s Day: Craft Valentines for donations or auction a date with an eligible bachelor or bachelorette
- St. Patrick’s Day: Ask friends to give some greenbacks at your St. Patrick’s Day party
- Thanksgiving: Host a Thanksgiving dinner fundraiser with family and friends
- Summer vacation: Take advantage of the warm weather and raise money outdoors by hosting a car wash
Need more inspiration? See what other people are doing to conquer childhood cancers. Or email us anytime with your questions: DWYWhelp@StBaldricks.org.
Get more fundraiser ideas on our blog: