Follow @StBaldricks on Twitter.Twitter is a great tool to connect with St. Baldrick’s shavees, volunteers, and share with your family and friends about your fundraising initiatives for childhood cancer research!
Here are our five favorite tips for using Twitter to increase your fundraising:
1. Make it easy. Tweet your direct participant page link so it’s easy for your followers to click and donate! (Also consider adding your link to your main Twitter profile for easy access.) Have fun with it — give a countdown to your head-shaving event or an update on your fundraising goal. Don’t forget to mention @StBaldricks in your posts so we see them, too!
2. Be generous. Know a friend or loved one shaving their head? Give them a shout out by sharing their fundraising link! They’ll appreciate your support and help them get more donations. Also, don’t forget to tag their Twitter handle.
3. Celebs are people too. Send tweets to public figures asking for help spreading the word or even for a donation. It never hurts to ask, and if all you get is a retweet, that’s thousands if not millions of people who will see your link and possibly donate!
4. Hashtags help. Use hashtags #StBaldricks #RockTheBald #baldselfie or #shavee in your tweets so you’re easy to find by other people searching for those specific words.
5. RT us. Don’t know what to say about St. Baldrick’s? We can help you do the talking. Retweet posts from @StBaldricks to let your followers know why you’re shaving your head and where their money is going.
Looking for more tips? Check out our Shavee Tips page for more ideas on how to reach your fundraising goal! And if you haven’t already, be sure to register for a St. Baldrick’s event near you or start your own!
You may also be interested in these stories: