We call these “infrastructure grants” because they provide support for programs and personnel that are necessary to open and coordinate clinical trials. (No, we’re not building roads and bridges here!).
Clinical trials are vital to getting drugs and new treatments approved, resulting in access to effective medications for children with cancer. In 2021, the FDA used Children’s Oncology Group clinical trial data to authorize pediatric labeling indications for four chemotherapeutics, more than any prior year.
While vital, clinical trials are very labor intensive and require significant resources and staff and to ensure all children with cancer who are eligible for studies can be enrolled on these studies.
Most of these new grants support personnel to do the work to manage clinical trials – to enroll patients, manage data, and all the other “behind the scenes” work.
Research truly is a team effort, thank you for being part of it.
This $1.2 million in vital support goes to:
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Phoenix
- Loma Linda University, Loma Linda
- The Regents of the University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco
- Valley Children’s Healthcare, Madera
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County, Orange
- The Regents of the University of California, Los Angeles
- Connecticut Children’s, Hartford
- District of Columbia
- Children’s National Medical Center (WDC), Washington
- St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital of Tampa, Tampa
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Inc., Atlanta
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Chicago
- Indiana University, Bloomington
- Blank Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, Des Moines
- Ochsner Hospital for Children, New Orleans
- Children’s Hospital New Orleans, New Orleans
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation, Detroit
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, St. Louis
- New Jersey
- St. Joseph’s Health, Paterson
- New Mexico
- University of New Mexico HSC, Albuquerque
- New York
- The Melodies Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders at the Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at Albany Medical Center, Albany
- SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse
- North Carolina
- Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston-Salem
- South Carolina
- Bon Secours St. Francis Health System, Greenville
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UT Health San Antonio), San Antonio
- El Paso Children’s Hospital Foundation, El Paso
- Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters, Norfolk
- HSHS St. Vincent Hospital, Green Bay
Explore all the new grants to learn how your donations are helping make a lasting change in childhood cancer research, and helping children and teens of every background. And look for more grants soon!
Donate now and help support research into better treatments for kids with cancer
Read more on the St. Baldrick’s blog: