Time to sip on that hot chocolate, wear your favorite pair of fuzzy socks and cozy up to great news that will warm your heart — and you helped make it happen!
Today, we are proud to announce the 2017 St. Baldrick’s Infrastructure Grants, totaling $2.2 million awarded to 39 institutions across the United States.
These grants help institutions hire the staff and get the resources for clinical trials. These trials are a vital part of the research process, and for many kids with cancer, they are their best hope for a cure.
Whether you rocked the bald, clicked the “donate” button, or volunteered your time, YOU made this happen. Thank you.
St. Baldrick’s infrastructure grants were awarded to the following institutions:
- Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Ga.
- Akron Children’s Hospital, Akron, Ohio
- Albany Medical College, Albany, N.Y.
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- Blank Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, Des Moines, Iowa
- Bon Secours St. Francis Health System Foundation, Greenville, S.C.
- Children’s Hospital & Research Center Oakland, Oakland, Calif.
- Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters, Norfolk, Va.
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Foundation, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Cook Children’s Medical Center, Fort Worth, Texas
- El Paso Children’s Hospital Corporation, El Paso, Texas
- HSHS St. Vincent Cancer Research Institute, Green Bay, Wis.
- Loma Linda University Health, Loma Linda, Calif.
- Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Memorial Health University Medical Center, Savannah, Ga.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, N.Y.
- MemorialCare Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach, Long Beach, Calif.
- North Broward Hospital District d/b/a Broward Health, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Ochsner Hospital for Children, New Orleans, La.
- Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, Orlando, Fla.
- Spectrum Health System, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, Mo.
- Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Coral Gables, Fla.
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas
- The Research Foundation for SUNY on behalf of SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, N.Y.
- The Research Foundation for the State University New York, Stony Brook, N.Y.
- The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, N.M.
- University of California, San Diego
- University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif.
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Mass.
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- University of South Carolina and the College of Pharmacy, Columbia, S.C.
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wis.
- Valley Children’s Healthcare, Madera, Calif.
- Vannie E. Cook Jr. Children’s Cancer and Hematology Clinic, McAllen, Texas
- Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston-Salem, N.C.
We’re not done until all kids with cancer have their best chance at a long, healthy life. Join us and help fund the next round of grants.