Did you know that $5,000 can change the lives of kids with cancer? It’s true — and you helped make it happen!
Say hello to our 2016 Summer Fellow grants!
This year these $5,000 grants are going to 19 institutions, where they will support medical school or college students working on a childhood cancer research project.
Under the guidance of an expert in pediatric oncology, these students will get the unique chance to spend a whole summer working in the childhood cancer field. We hope this one summer blossoms into a career of conquering childhood cancer!
Thanks to your fundraising efforts, these bright young minds could be our next pioneers, innovators and childhood cancer conquerors — helping all kids enjoy the happy, healthy childhoods they deserve.
In a time when students may be deterred from pursuing pediatric oncology because funding is so scarce, these $5,000 grants are crucial. We hope that exposing students to the field will ignite the passion and drive to pursue pediatric cancer research and save young lives.
So give yourself a big high-five for funding the future of childhood cancer research. We couldn’t have done it without you.
The following institutions will receive a St. Baldrick’s Summer Fellow grant:
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Calif.
- University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, Calif.
- Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn.
- University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii
- University of Illinois Chicago , Chicago, Ill.
- The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
- Duke University, Durham, N.C.
- Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, N.Y.
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook , N.Y.
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Penn State Hershey College of Medicine, Hershey, Pa.
- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, S.C.
- Virginia Tech, Roanoke, Va.
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, Madison, Wisc.
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisc.
Join us in conquering childhood cancer, so all kids can enjoy the happy, healthy childhoods they deserve.
Read more on the St. Baldrick’s blog: